On 24 Jun 2016, at 5:04am, Igor Korot <ikoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But everything should work independently of what code page is being used?

The SQLite shell tool should work independently of the code page you have set.
It should be translating strings from your current code page into Unicode.
From your report it appears that it is not doing this, which means there's a
bug in it.

> My interface to the DB is based on the std::wstring. So, if someone
> will create the DB
> inside the shell and then create tables and name them using Chinese,
> why I should change
> something before doing it, just to satisfy one software?

You already have a database created using a code page.

Try setting your code page to 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode) and using the identical
commands to create another database.

Do you get an identical file ?

Simon.