On 24 Jun 2016, at 3:55pm, Igor Korot <ikoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are those 3 scenarios correct?

They are if the shell tool (or any other SQLite software) works the way it
should do.  If you have found a situation where the selected code page changes
what makes it into a SQLite database then there is a bug somewhere.  The bug is
probably in the program which calls the SQLite API, not in the API itself.

I cannot test the SQLite shell tool under Windows myself: I don't have a
Windows computer.

> If the answer is yes, will the code I posted in the original post work
> for all 3 of them?
> Or maybe just for the first one?
> Because if I'm in Germany, have the German version of Windows and the
> German keyboard,
> I don't need to type <ALT+225> to get that symbol. I will just type it
> on the keyboard.

The program you're using should translate any strings into Unicode before it
calls the SQLite API.  If it is passing strings encoded any other way (e.g.
ANSI, ASCII, or a local code page) then it has a bug.

Don't forget that you're meant to be able to send me your database.  I have a
Mac.  Macs don't use code pages at all.  But I should be able to type your
German or Chinese table name on my keyboard and get the right table.  And if
you think Mac users don't matter, consider all the people using iPhones all
over the world.  They don't use code pages either.  All Apple equipment uses
Unicode.

Simon.