Anyways I added a whole bunch of tracks to it....  yet they still
played.

Yes, and I doubt this ever was any different. All the zap command does is remove an item from the _currently playing_ list of tracks, and adds a reference to the "zapped tracks" playlist. There's no filtering of content in other ways involved. It's really a very simplistic feature.

I did review the whole scanning process at some point, but I put a lot of effort in to not remove any of the existing features. And I seriously doubt the zap feature was ever part of the scanning process.

--

Michael