kidstypike wrote:
> Why don't you go back to that setup, run LMS on the same computer with
> the music files?
>
> Or copy the music files to the computer your're running LMS on ATM?
>
> I really don't get the two computers idea :confused:

I originally had it running on the same computer (HTPC) which has huge
amounts of storage and the newer (faster) computer has almost no storage
at all. The original installation on the HTPC had gotten to where it was
extremely slow, trying to access it via WebUI or the Controller would
just lock up forever, and Scanner.exe would never finish and would
completely lock up requiring a manual Force-Stop. I tried completely
uninstalling/reinstalling several times over several months and clearing
the library and rescanning multiple times. Nothing worked. Until I set
up the server on the other computer. Playing music and radio is MUCH
more responsive now but I cannot get it to do searches.