Mnyb wrote:
> Did you mean DNS servers ? It can also be your router if it can provide
> dns .
>
> That works for me in both the DNS entries and the gateway entry I use my
> routers IP address in all my devices and computers.
>
> But you can ofcourse specify a DNS server on each device .

Domestic routers do not contain DNS servers but most act as DNS relays.
The implementation can be hit and miss. It is often better to specify
dns servers explicitly.
Most U.K. ISPs allow you to use their DNS servers or other public DNS
servers e.g. Google - 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4
Note some DNS servers are "caching" and others are true to the TTL set
by the DNS host of the domain in question. Does it matter? Yes and No.

*Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS*
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
*Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
*Office* - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN
755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones