d6jg wrote:
> Domestic routers do not contain DNS servers but most act as DNS relays.
> The implementation can be hit and miss. It is often better to specify
> dns servers explicitly.
> Most U.K. ISPs allow you to use their DNS servers or other public DNS
> servers e.g. Google - 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4
> Note some DNS servers are "caching" and others are true to the TTL set
> by the DNS host of the domain in question. Does it matter? Yes and No.

Ok dns realay is the term :) I have no problem with that functionality I
use my routers that way .
Benefit is that you can change dns in one place if needed. The isp's
I've had and currently have has good dns service ! I don't need to use
other dns than the ones supplied by my isp . I've tried google dns way
back with an older router but I did not really found any difference for
my use cases .

I've also heard that some isp can have shoddy dns service . So it can be
a real need for some to try out other services .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )