badboygolf16v wrote:
> Hi Marco, please thank your friend Antonello for his distro, good job.
>
> I'm now running Squeezelite-R2 as follows:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > /usr/bin/squeezelite-R2 -f /var/log/squeezelite-R2.log -C 1 -D :u32be -o
hw:CARD=DAC,DEV=0 -r 384000 -b 262144:262144 -a 499:3::0 -n GentooPlayer

--------------------

> I now see the following in the log:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> I'm guessing this means that the Oppo doesn't accept DSD over USB? I
> need to check the specs of the BDP-105D...
>
> EDIT
>
> I've checked with Oppo and native DSD is supported.
>
> Looking at the source there are a number of DSD formats:
>
> DSD_U32_LE
> DSD_U32_BE
> DSD_U16_LE
> DSD_U16_BE
> DSD_U8
>
> u8
> u16le
> u16be
> u32le
> u32be
>
> Maybe I should try them..? :-)
>
> None seem to work.
>
> Using -D for DoP showed that DSD64 and DSD128 are OK, but not DSD256,
> so I disabled DSD256 in C-3PO settings for Squeezelite-R2.

I think DOP is not viable for DSD256 and over, the resulting rate is to
hight for most of current dacs, good to know is working fine at 128.
Hope you and Filippo (real name of antonellocaroli) wil found a solution
and let sparky work with native dsd and your dac, please don't forget to
report here the solution for future use, in case.

@Filippo, nice to see you here!