marcoc1712 wrote:
> Your command uses flac becouse is ready to "cut"  flac files using cue
> sheets (note the  $START$ $END$ parameters). If you don't use cue files,
> just disable the SEARCH option for FLAC  in the function/format table,
> the resulting command wil use only sox as per your example.
>
> Hope is what you are looking for.
Hi Marco, I am trying to arrange that all resampling and converting of
all my flacs is done on my server, which then feeds squeezelite on a
rather low power laptop (by wire) driving headphones by USB (48,000
only)

It works, except that repositioning in a track doesn't. It jumps to the
next track.

I'm also a little surprised that it doesn't feed the laptop a bit
quicker, but sox does seem very busy indeed on the server.  I'll try
reducing the quality somewhat.  Does it need bigger buffers?  I tried
increasing the sox buffer to no effect (it doesn't 'take').  Is it worth
getting the advanced sox even if not using DSD?

My current 'last command' is:

Code:
--------------------

  [flac] -dcs --totally-silent $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t
wav -b 24 --buffer 8192 - gain -h rate -v -I -b 90.7 48000

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.