earthbased wrote:
> 'root' user in listed Control Panel->Users but its STATUS=DISABLED.   I
> ran a QNAP TS-239 Pro starting in 2010 then recently upgraded to a QNAP
> TS-251A.   I would like an official document from QNAP stating to remove
> 'root' since that is Linux's core user.

Interesting, I'm in the middle of retiring my older QNAP's and setting
up/testing newer replacements, so I have 5 running at the moment, one of
them is 9 years old and has got to QTS 4.2 all the others are on QTS
4.3, some have the original QNAP LMS/SSOTS installs, one has a
QLogitechMediaServer install, none of them currently have a root user on
display enabled or disabled and from memory there's never been a root
user shown on any of my QNAPs.

I always thought there wasn't a root user on QNAPs and Admin was a
superuser, not quite having root's power. Oddly I cannot find much info
on this now.

Kev