d6jg wrote:
> If I was running a Pi (I have) it would be much faster than the QNAP!!!
> I actually use an old dual core HP Microserver with 8GB RAM and a single
> SSD but the files on the NAS (a really old 4 disk/raid 5 TS419P) via
> NFS.
> The HP running VB2.4 is much faster (and more resilient to multiple
> synced players - I think due to the shared USB/LAN bus) than a Pi3 and
> although a Pi4 is theoretically quicker than the HP, the SSD which is
> where LMS database resides makes it fly.
> I had to hack the VB config files a bit to get the CD ripping direct to
> the QNAP and to get the correct file permissions so I can edit via
> Mp3tag through Windows but once done it works perfectly.
> The SSD was the biggest single improvement I have come across as far as
> LMS is concerned.

Yes, I always wanted to use an SSD for the database. Funny thing is, I
have an SSD from a now-defunct notebook right here, wondering what to do
with it. Thank you for bringing these two formerly separate trains of
thoughts together! :D

QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D /
QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4