steklo wrote:
> It might turn out to be a struggle for me as well... Of course I would
> have preferred all files would have come in with owner 999 and
> permissions 750. Then no action would be necessary. But as some of my
> files had owner 1000 I would have to work on these anyway. Changing the
> owner for some files or changing permissions for all files – does
> not really make much difference, does it? At least I hope that next time
> all files will come in with owner set to 1000...
> Anyway I will monitor this and maybe I'll find the reason if there still
> appear to be different owners...

Are you sure these files had the same permissions / owners BEFORE you
copied them to your NAS?

Digimaster suggested creating a group called Music and put
squeezeboxserver and my user in there. I hadn't had time to test that,
but you could. You would have to grant that new group RO access to your
music library, of course.

QLMS 7.9.2@2.09.8 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D /
QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4