I think Michael is right - this error does not happen to other user' so
something is triggering it on your system

BBCiPlayer & Extras use AnyEvent network stuff directly - so I would
definitely disable those.

WaveInput doesn't do anything "special"   and hasn't changed in years.

AFAICT the error is valid as long as "use strict" has been enabled - but
"use strict"  is not enabled in that module.  However the error
traceback to DNS BEGIN relates to "common::sense" module which
effectively is "use strict" but also overloads "import" - though I'm not
clear as to the reason/side-effects