mherger wrote:
> > This stackoverflow question seems identical to the situation and
> answer
> > is clear. So perhaps AnyEvent Socket.pm which doesn't have "use
> strict"
> > got included somehow into a module which is using  "use strict" .
> >

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6430217/why-do-i-get-a-duplicate-declaration-in-same-scope-warning-in-an-if-elsif-tree
>
> I learned something new today! Thanks for the research. Worst case we
> can patch that statement.
Technically no problem since no "use strict" in the file - even latest
AnytEvent::Socket has same code which is 10 years later than LMS.
I wonder is it invoked via a plugin or something like AnyEvent::HTTP
which uses "common::sense"

I think - file it away until it shows again in a more predictable way.

IN the background I may check for exceptions to the "use strict" should
only be within the same file or local scope - perhaps use of
"common::sense" which was added to AnyEvent::HTTP in 2011.