Applications will dynamically appear in the Full Disk Access pane as LMS
goes through its processes.  You need to then unlock the pane as they
appear, and then check those applications to elevate their permissions.

In Full Disk Access permissions, two LMS-related applications arise:
"sh", and "perl".  Once those two applications are given permissions
under Full Disk Access, LMS starts and works normally again.

I'm still puzzled by this... I never was asked to change anything there, nor do I see sh or perl in those lists!

Did you update to Catalina from an earlier macOS, or is this a new system?

--

Michael