I'm still puzzled by this... I never was asked to change anything there,

nor do I see sh or perl in those lists!

Did you update to Catalina from an earlier macOS, or is this a new
system?

--

Michael

Michael,

No, you do not receive any direct alert or notification prompts to change
anything in Catalina as LMS starts.  LMS will simply not entirely
function.  The extent of non-function likely will depend on which
permissions are still lacking in the particular system.

In my case, my Media Library disappeared, as LMS could no longer access it
on an external volume.  That is typically a file permissions issue.  This
was an upgrade situation, from Mojave to Catalina.  Not a clean install,
not a new system.  So in my implementation, the earlier terminal
permissions script had already been run under Mojave.  And I do not enable
a software firewall in my system.

So I could stream internet radio and access all the clients after the
upgrade to Catalina.  But in my install, Catalina would not allow LMS to
access local data volumes.

So in addition to the earlier terminal script commands under Mojave to
elevate some permissions, I also needed to open and change settings in the
Full Disc Access pane with Catalina.

With the Full Disc Access pane open in System Preferences, as LMS starts,
you will see apps start to appear, as they seek disc access, for which
they do not yet have permissions.

You have to manually go into the Full Disc Access pane and check them off
as they appear.  In my instance, two apps popped up as LMS started: perl
and sh.  Once both were given Full Disc Access, I recovered full LMS
functionality, and access to my Media Library folders on an external
volume was then permitted.  All is now well again.

The only lingering issue I am having involves two third-party plugins,
which I have already identified.  One is an obvious 32-bit issue, the
other easily resolved with a manual restart of that plugin.  Both
developers appear to be aware of the issues.

Again, this file access issue is not novel, only the scope of it has
changed.  I had encountered it before under Mojave with third-party backup
solutions accessing OS-level folders.  Now under Catalina, disk access
permissions have become more aggressively applied across all volumes.  So
the prior experience under Mojave informed me where to check first.

I hope that clarifies things for those experiencing disappearing libraries
under Catalina.