Shozzer wrote:
> Thanks. I will give that a try and report back. I took a punt on the
> RemovePlayedSongs plugin - the indication was that it was for a previous
> version of LMS. I tried it and it seemed to work. I might just remove it
> for now but will try the safe mode start first.

Ok, I tried to kill the LMS process Windows didn't seem capable to do
this. I decided that I would restart the PC but whilst I was in Task
Manager I noticed that there were 8 instances of Spotty.exe running. Is
this normal?

starting in Safe Mode worked a treat - started and stopped instantly. Of
course, Material wouldn't work with Squeezelite-X! I deleted the
RemovePlayedSongs plugin and start up was marginally quicker. It then
went back to scanning. I stopped the server which took a while to stop
and then started it again. It took 5 minutes 44 seconds to start and
went straight back to Artist Picture Look Up. Any other suggestions
please?