CJS wrote:
> There is a help page on installing LMS =>
> https://docs.picoreplayer.org/how-to/install_lms/
> This help page is partly outdated (it was written for pCP 3.5.0), but
> most information is probably still usefull.
The step by step help on setting up piCorePlayer and LMS is really good.
My first experience pre-dated this a little, and I had quite the
struggle.  It's now dead easy.

fmanchu wrote:

> The suggestions from many to ditch LMS v7.9.1 on my ancient ReadyNAS,
> buy a rPi4B, and enjoy the benefits of LMS in v8.0 are very much
> appreciated.
> The ReadyNAS continues to contain all my music which, together with BBC
> Sounds and Spotty, are all now available to me through the rPi4B.
I had the same configuration, which makes perfect sense, but moved away
from the ReadyNAS to a local 512GB USB drive for one reason - after a
power cut, when power is restored, the Pi starts up, but the ReadyNAS
needs manual switch on.  The end result of this was domestic complaints
after any power cut that "the radio isn't working".  By moving to a self
contained system, all this was remedied.  It also gives even faster
library scans.  So, it's not the "right" distributed solution I had, but
it works fantastically.

Server: LMS 8.0.1 on piCorePlayer 6.1.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on
512GB USB drive
Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios, and direct from the server using a
Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface