Thanks for the responses.

This particular computer is kept on Windows 7 as it is also used to run
Windows Media Centre. I may however at some stage setup a new NAS and
move LMS to that.

I have just updated to LMS 8.0.0 and it shows IO::Socket::SSL is 2.0.68

It is indeed possible the built-in Window 7 SSL rootCAs and libraries
may be becoming problematic. I have not noticed this because I rarely do
web browsing on this system and also use Chrome or Firefox which are
still being updated on it.

I have just sent a registration request for RadioFeeds access to give
that a go.

It is strange it some times works, one might expect all or nothing.