DavidBulluss wrote:

> I have only noticed these issues occurring in the last few weeks. Is
> this happening elsewhere, or is it just my system?

No, you're not the only one, I've had the same sync issue since April
(i.e. the first time I ever tried to sync two SBs together), and I've
always had somewhat hit and miss reliability with Spotify on my SB (i.e.
what you describe as mid-song buffering).

I'm going to quickly describe my experience in the hope of saving you
and others some time...

In short: I've had a back and forth communication thread with Logitech
Support about my sync issue since April, the case is still open and
nothing has been resolved yet. During this time I've been asked to test
many things, and I've provided plenty of details to their team about the
problem. My hunch is that it's probably a relatively minor software
issue with the official app, but that they don't have any appetite to
actually dedicate resources to fixing it. I knew asking Logitech support
would be a long shot, and I had been planning to raise this here before
now in the hope the fantastic mherger would pick it up, but based on the
almost daily LMS updates he pushes (Michael, your continued dedication
to LMS is outstanding and very much appreciated), I really didn't want
to generate work for him just to solve my problem. Recently my mobile
operator offered me a 6 month Deezer Premium+ subscription, so I
switched from Spotify a few weeks ago and have had no issues at all with
Deezer.

Well that was the summary, here's the nitty gritty for anyone who's
interested. It's a long story, I've bulleted for brevity:

- I've been a loving owner of a SB Radio since Christmas 2009, it
really is a beauty!
- I've been a Spotify Premium user since it became available in Ireland
back in 2012
- Spotify generally worked well enough with my SB Radio, just the
occasional unexpected buffering/error message, but it worked most of the
time
- Picked up a secondhand SB Radio in April 2016, intended to be used as
a lullaby music player for a new arrival in the family
- Factory reset the new SB Radio as soon as I got it, and set it up
under my own account
- Attempted to play Spotify tracks after syncing the players (had
always been curious about using two SB Radios as a stereo pair), but
more often than not received an "Invalid username or password" error
- Additionally, when this error appeared, one of the SBs would likely
freeze soon after, and then restart by iteself
- I noticed on mysb.com the Spotify account name of the previous owner
was showing up next to the new player's name on the "Player Settings"
tab of the Spotify app, weird!
- I completely uninstalled Spotify app from all my players (using
mysb.com), and factory reset both of them (using the on-device menus on
the two SB Radios)
- Still, the previous owner's account showed up again after I'd set
everything up. Note: only ever one account (mine) was listed on the on
the "Account Settings" tab
- I contacted the previous owner, who kindly gave me their mysb.com
account details so I could go an and ensure Spotify was completely
uninstalled from their side
- I went into their mysb.com account, completely removed Spotify, and
then set everything up again in mysb.com
- The previous owner also told me they performed a "sign out of all
devices" in their own Spotify account settings
- Finally, my own Spotify account showed beside both of my players on
the "Player Settings" tab, problem solved... or so I thought!
- Everything now looked good, but the same "Invalid username or
password" problem persisted.
- Having read a few forum posts I thought maybe the new player was
somehow still associated with the previous owner's mysb.com account, and
that only Logitech Support could help
- Contacted Logitech Support, explaining the issue to them. In
response, I got the typical initial troubleshooting questions... but I
did everything asked of me despite my skepticism
- After one month and several emails, I felt it was going nowhere, so I
made this video that clearly demonstrated the issue:
https://goo.gl/photos/SCV5fzmS3CTkhTzr9
- If you look at the last part of the video, you'll see that the only
way I could get it working was to play Spotify on each player first,
before syncing
- That trick however only lasts for a short time, if the players stop
playing for a few mins and you try to play again, you'll get the error
again
- Eventually Logitech support asked me to set up a fresh mysb.com
account, which I did, and they then transferred my SB Radios to it. This
was progress, or so I thought...
- After they had transferred the players, I went into the new account
and installed and authorised the Spotify app. Alas, same issue as
before
- I have factory reset both players many times throughout this journey
- Despite all the changes and attempts to troubleshoot, nothing has
changed since I first experienced the problem in April. Last time I
tried to sync with Spotify was in early August
- I'm no longer a Spotify Premium user, though it's a fantastic service
generally speaking
- Deezer works perfectly, exactly as expected, whether the SB Radios
are synced or not, on LMS and on mysb.com

Some notes on the specific setup:
- Both SB Radios are on Firmware: 7.7.3-r16676
- The issue occurred whether I was connected to mysb.com or my LMS
(7.9.0)
- SB Radios connected via WiFi to a 100Mb reliable broadband
connection, signal on both is typically >90%
- I've tried to use the Spotify Protocol Handler plugin, but that
didn't help, in fact I think I got a different error which seemed worse,
so I uninstalled it
- I live in Ireland (just in case this issue is somehow geo specific)

That's about all I can say about my Spotify issues!

I'd love to know what the issue is, and why it seems to only affect
certain people.