From: Henrik Nordstrom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 1:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 'Patrick Kwan'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [squid-users] hotmail problem

On Thursday 27 March 2003 08.21, Raja R wrote:
> No. I tried .. doesn't help...but I have something interesting to
> tell.. the same squid config works fine for hotmail when the proxy
> is on a dial-up ISDN line but does not work if the proxy
> is put behind a firewall with static NAT. So just wondering If i
> have to allow some specific ports on the firewall to the proxy from
> outside for hotmail to work. I am attaching a text file to give u
> all clues to see where the problem is . This is the source of the
> hotmail page when it says DONE. It clearly  shows breakage..
> Everytime it breaks there..even after refreshing (ctrl-refresh,
> shift-refresh, etc) ..PLS. HELP

Does it work if you do not use Squid, still behind the same NAT
gateway?

What does Squid access.log and cache.log say about the requests when
it fails?

Regards
Henrik
1048754006.888   4732 <my-ip> TCP_MISS/302 211 GET http://www.hotmail.com/
raja DIRECT/64.4.44.7 -
1048754015.829   8913 <my-ip> TCP_MISS/302 450 GET http://lc2.law13.hotmail
.passport.com/cgi-bin/login raja DIRECT/64.4.44.7 text/html
1048754016.952   1095 <my-ip> TCP_MISS/302 660 GET http://ld.cb.msn.com/ ra
ja DIRECT/207.68.173.245 text/html
1048754045.418  28467 <my-ip> TCP_MISS/200 1323 GET http://loginnet.passpor
t.com/login.srf? raja DIRECT/65.54.229.248 text/html
1048754061.790     12 <my-ip> TCP_IMS_HIT/304 201 GET http://login.passport
.net/1033/L/PPIE.css raja NONE/- text/css
1048754083.201   2463 <my-ip> TCP_MISS/200 9329 GET http://cb.msn.com/passp
ort/cbhm_js.ashx? raja DIRECT/207.68.171.234 application/x-javascript
1048754085.241   1546 <my-ip> TCP_MISS/200 3042 GET http://cb.msn.com/style
s/css-login.ashx? raja DIRECT/207.68.173.246 text/css
1048754113.768  67290 <my-ip> TCP_MISS/200 2791 POST http://login.passport.
net/uilogin.srf? raja DIRECT/65.54.229.246 text/html