----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Earnshaw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [SM-USERS] Squirrelmail 1.4.4 and Courier-Imap authenticationhelp?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:00:36 +0200

> 
> l�r, 09.04.2005 kl. 21.23 skrev me lmiddle:
> 
> >      I have been trying to get Squirrelmail
> 
> What SquirrelMail?
>
> >  working with Courier-Imap
> 
> What Courier IMAP?
> 
> >  and have hit a wall. If I manually test access to the imap server with a,
> >
> > telnet myimapserver 143
> > a001 LOGIN username password
> >
> > (everything works just fine.)
> >
> > However when I try the same thing with Squirrelmail 1.4.4 I get a
> > error of:
> > "Unknown user or password incorrect"
> > This would be understandable if this were true. However it is not
> > since I can manually access the imap server and LOGIN just fine.
> > I even tried a different imap server with the same error. (Even 
> > though I could manually authenticate with the imap server fine.)
> >
> > Having said all this can anyone suggest how to fix this? What 
> > specific php file sends the username and password to the imap 
> > server? configtest.php says everything is dandy.
> > Something I am missing for sure. Thanks so much and looking forward
> > to using Squirrelmail!
> 
> Logs?
> 
> Mine work perfectly.
Hi,
  The squirrelmail version has always been in the Subject line. That 
immediately after
data.. anyways..
I already said I could authenticate. using LOGIN so it is not a server problem.
Since I also tried the latest dovecot and authenticated manually fine I can say 
that is 
not the problem as well. Out of curiousity tell me if your squirrelmail is 
working fine
then what exact routine does the heavy lifting of Username and the Password 
across the wire? 
auth.php? 
Logs on a fail? well OK
Apr  9 16:41:51 this.hostname imapd: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], 
command=LOGIN
Apr  9 16:41:51 this.hostname imapd: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], 
username=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Apr  9 16:41:51 this.hostname imapd: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], 
password=
Apr  9 16:41:56 this.hostname imapd: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Apr  9 16:41:56 this.hostname imapd: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], 
command=LOGOUT
Like I said it FAILED. Since I can login just fine from my imap client as well
as by hand the imap server is not the problem IMO. 
The server can only respond to what it gets over the stream. Follow? So please 
do not tell me mine is fine like this useful in any way. Or would you like it 
in hex?

Here is what the imap server says it is willing to support. Some call it 
features..
Courier version 0.46 and dovecot 1.0 stable * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS 
CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL 
ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2004 Double Precision, 
Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information


-- 
___________________________________________________________
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm



-------------------------------------------------------
SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_ide95&alloc_id396&op=click
--
squirrelmail-users mailing list
Posting Guidelines: 
http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/wiki.php?MailingListPostingGuidelines
List Address: [email protected]
List Archives: 
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
List Archives:  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id)95
List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users

Reply via email to