>Hi S.B Royce,

The best line for the alky feed is soft silicon tubing, I am sure 
Sulphur springs has it--if you give them the dimensions.  You may 
find a supply at you local DYI or  at a hobby shop  who stocks fuel 
lines for model aircraft.

Look forward to seeing you in Sacramento.

Geoff.

>Hi steamers.  Just got my reservations at Lion's Gate and sent my reg
>fee to Sonny.  So . . . that means I'm committed to attending the Summer
>Steamup in Sac next month.  I didn't make it to the Queen Mary, deciding
>that the time might be better spent trying to get my steamer further
>along.  While I've been working as much as I can (which isn't as much as
>I'd like) to get as much done on my Philly and tender, it will not be as
>complete as I would like.  I've still got problems with the axle pump -
>can't seem to get it to pump under boiler pressure (although static
>tests show that the pump functions well) - but I'm going to bring it
>anyway.  I do have a question about hoses though.  I've been using
>neoprene for the feed and return lines.  It seems that the feed line
>hose is degrading to a gooey mess where it is stretched over the copper
>(5/32 od) feed line.  Has anyone ever observed this ?  There are no
>bands clamping the hose to the tubing.  So it is simply neoprene/copper
>interface.  What gives ?  The return line with the same connection has
>not suffered the same fate.
>
>And on a related matter, what is the preferred hose for the alcohol feed
>line ?  (I'm trying to get the tender alcohol tank/sump done before
>Sacramento).
>
>Thanks in advance for any input you more experienced steamers might share.
>
>Looking forward to seeing all of you.
>
>royce (in SB)
>_______________________________________________
>SSLiveSteam mailing list
>Send messages: [email protected]
>Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
>Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to