Steve Shyvers wrote:

>Corrected grammer in first paragraph:
>
>Possibly we are the only live steamers on the West Coast who seem to have
>made careers out of trying to get just ONE locomotive running properly.
>
>Steve
>
>  
>
I sure hope that I don't have a reputation for being so persnickity that 
I would call one on an extra apostrophe.  I had to read it a few times 
to figure out what you were talking about.

And about our steamers, it's easy to blame the mfg for a poorly running 
loco, but if you make it yourself, it becomes a personal thing.  There's 
no one to blame.  And, by the way, the loco DOES run beautifully.  It's 
the f**king axle pump that I haven't resolved.  I'm going to send it to 
counseling soon.  I just want to get to the point where operationally 
everything works so that I can actually FINISH the loco & tender 
cosmetically.  I was thinking of offering a $100 reward to anyone who 
can get my axle pump to work at the NSS.  But I have ONE more thing to 
try before filling the pump body with epoxy.

See you there.

royce (in SB)
_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to