On 05/30/2016 01:54 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 10:42:13AM +0200, Pavel Březina wrote:
On 05/27/2016 04:32 PM, Petr Cech wrote:
Hi,

I have new version of this patch set.
I fixed CI tests on debian [1]. My thanks belongs to Lukas and Nikolai.

[1] http://sssd-ci.duckdns.org/logs/job/44/04/summary.html

Regards

Ack to the patches, I'm running CI now. The only thing I'm worried about is
that we're using blocking calls getpwnam_r and similar. We already do this
on some parts of sssd but looking into the cases it's either initialization
or a very rare condition or a data provider.

Here we block for every local object and since this is an NSS responder I
think we should create a non-blocking way rather sooner than later. It will
be for free when sssd will manage local users though so I'm not sure if it's
worth the work.

If we see some objections we will be able to switch to calling functions
from libnss_files directly. The only scenario where I think this might
break is that if someone has another module (like ldap or nis) after
sss..

Well, if there will be some remote source like ldap defined aside sssd we might have big troubles having blocking code in sssd due to much bigger latency... so I don't even consider this as a valid configuration while local negative cache is on :-)