Do I understand this correctly: this feature depends on the author of a
message enabling an 'auto-destruct' flag? From a user perspective, I'd be
terribly annoyed by that. There is hardly any added security or privacy
value in this feature, and the the data hygiene that applies to my data is
something that I want control myself. Unless I'm chatting with my mother, I
don't expect my peer to tell me when I need to clean my archive. If it were
me in control of my messages (and the messages that I can retrieve from
persistent storage, server side), that'd be another story.