Let the record show that I find this feature to be completely ridiculous
and I don't agree at all with Whisper Systems rational to implement this.
Data hygiene can best be achieved by a one sided feature that (optionally)
cleans all messages after a certain time period.

However I had several customers request this feature in the past and I
already implemented it once and there will be more implementations in the
near future. In that regard we might as well standardize it even though it
will probably be only implemented in closed systems were you can be
relatively certain that messages will in fact be deleted.

Cheers
Daniel