JSP wouldn't be an option anyways because ordinary users wouldn't understand it. The vast majority of situations are not like the one you describe.

David

From: Dave Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Velocity vs. JSP: objective tests?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:53:28 -0500

David Graham wrote:

I've always found it amusing that people are worried about page authors totally screwing up the application by executing arbitrary code. Who are these rogue page authors you're hiring that will destroy your app?

What if, for example, you have an e-Commerce catalog and you
want to allow ordinary users to edit the catalog item page
templates through a web interface. If you Do you really want
ordinary catalog users to be able to execute arbitrary code
from these page templates? I don't think so. Using JSP for the
user-editable page templates is really not an option in this
case. Wouldn't you agree?

- Dave