11/22/2002 1:14:45 PM, micael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I have settled on Struts as my application framework, assuming
>that there will continue to major shifts in the future (like the
>shift to 1.1 has been, which I like).  However, I have not
>decided on the scripting language, if that is what you want to
>call it, viz. JSP vs. Velocity or some other choice.  At the risk
>of engendering the passions of the committed, does anyone know an
>especially reliable guide to the pros and
>cons of the various choices?
>
>Micael

The best thing is to just try the alternate approaches and decide
for yourself.

Personally, I would agree with the other postings: the "pro" of
JSP is that a lot of people already use it. =:0)

Otherwise, in a MVC/Model 2 application, the two are technically
equivalent. It's really not about which works best, it's about
which works best for you.

There's an simple "register" application at SourceForge that shows
a couple of JSP and Velocity pages side-by-side.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/struts/logon-velocity.war?
download

Here's more sophisticated application that I'm working on now:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wqdata/cpu_20021121.war?
download

No business logic yet, but you can see how things work.