    Craig> On 1 Oct 2002, David M. Karr wrote:
    >> Date: 01 Oct 2002 21:14:26 -0700
    >> From: David M. Karr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    >> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    >> Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-struts/contrib/struts-el build.xml

    craigmcc> craigmcc    2002/10/01 18:50:13
    craigmcc> Modified:    .        build.xml
    craigmcc> contrib/struts-el build.xml
    craigmcc> Log:
    craigmcc> Update the main build.xml file to include struts-el in the new "contrib"
    craigmcc> directory, so that the binaries will be included with nightly builds.

    >> Also, if Struts-EL is being built by default, what will happen if someone tries
    >> to build it with a 2.2 servlet.jar?
    >>

    Craig> Good point ... it should probably be made conditional based on the
    Craig> presence of Servlet 2.3 (and the JSTL jars, for that matter).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean that it can't be provided in the
nightly build, unless we do both a Servlet 2.2 and Servlet 2.3 build?

I've tested a change to the top-level build.xml to only build it if "jstl.jar"
is set (and I put my "jstl.jar" setting in my top-level build.properties file),
but I didn't try to do anything with a Servlet 2.2 build.

I've got my announcement note written, and ready to send, but I have a feeling
I may have to delay/change it, based on this.