It works just fine with WinCVS too. There's a drop-down that remembers all
the different CVSROOT values you've used (I have four) so that you can just
pick one when you need it.

One of the nice things about CVS, though, is that you rarely need CVSROOT at
all. Once you have your tree checked out, CVS will pick up the root from the
tree itself, instead of from the environment variable.

--
Martin Cooper