Three quick notes:

* We should specifically ask on the user list about the timing
  of Servlet 2.3 / JSP 1.2 dependence.  I would expect this to
  be a bit controversial on that short a time frame.  On the
  other hand, knowing we could interoperate with (and not just
  integrate with) JSTL (and JSF when done) would be nice.

* If the STXX folks are still interested, I'd like to see
  more formal support for XML processing pipelines be included
  in a 1.2 time frame.  This will help people who want to
  leverage Struts in a "web services hype" world, as well as
  being generally useful.

* I'd defer a decision on whether Struts 2.0 advances to Servlet
  2.4 and JSP 2.0 or not for a while yet -- to me, it really
  depends on the adoption rate for J2EE 1.4 and the availability
  of products that run it.  From the Struts perspective, Servlet 2.3->2.4
  doesn't buy a lot, but the JSP 1.2->2.0 changes are going to be
  very very useful.

Craig