AFAIK we can't specify the "type of class" that the form bean is in, in struts config. (not formbean, but <form-beans >)

For example, <form-beans type= "myserilazableformbeanbase" >

This would allow me to implement session fail over of session beans.

AFAIK, this was depercated in 1.1.
Yes, this can be miss-used but....

So can someone educate me that this works, else it's a feature request.

Easy way to test is to add this to resin, for example:
  <session-config>
    <file-store>WEB-INF/session</file-store>
  </session-config>

This give me exception that formbean is not seriazable (concreate class is, ie <form-bean name="userBean" type="org.apache.scaffoldingLib.beans.UserBean"/> is, but the base class is not. This is true of Collections as well)

tia,
Vic