Your form beans should be serializable if you are keeping them in
session scope.  I am not familiar with scaffoldingLib but AFAIK the
straight struts ActionForm and derivatives all serialize OK.  Obviously,
everything you throw in an ActionForm must be serializable as well.
There are a few classes in the jdk which are not serializable, each of
which is listed in the javadoc.

Hope that helps

Edgar