From: Vic Cekvenich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 11:42 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: EJB = bad = MS.net

Home page of Jakarta has this
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html#0130.2
on this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40jakarta.apache.org/msg03376.html

I agree. Doing EJBs is bad on many levels and creates more problems.
Avoid EJB if you want to stay in Java.

Alternative is to just use Struts + TomCat + RowSet (or DAO if you are
doing something simple or small) and done. This is the sweet spot. MVC
is all you need.

Alternative, do EJBs and your organization WILL switch to MS .NET on the
next project, leave J2EE, and you have to learn VB.net.

EJBs are for newbies. (If you need middleware (very rare) use SOAP)

lol,
Vic