Hi all,

Quick question. I want to implement a shopping cart. I know this has
been done a million times in a million open source projects however I
have a few questions, and seeing as everyone in here seems so
knowledgeable.

What I'd like:

1) User can add to shopping cart without having to check in. (checkout
requires login).

2) User can leave the site and un-checked out shopping cart data will
remain.

The options I have to implement the shopping cart:

a)       Cookies -  satisfies 1 and 2, but assumes user doesn't turn off
cookies

b)       HttpSession object - satisfies 1, but not 2

c)       Database shopping cart object - satisfies 2, but not 1.

I'd like to know,

a)       am I basically correct with these assumptions.
b)       What would people recommend based on their experience.
c)   any struts open source project that might have this?

Thanks very much,
Brian