On 10/30/2003 07:01 PM David Erickson wrote:
Adam,
Essentially I just want to display a different content in that area of my
layout.  And I considered using a jsp:include, but by the point the logic
determines that a different page needs to be in that spot it has already
loaded a bunch of JSP variables and stuff into the page, by including
another page with variables potentially the same would it mess everything
up?  Also for example was:

if (x condition is met)
{
%>
<jsp:include "blah.jsp>
<%
return;
}

%>

Would that return successfully quit running any logic from my original jsp?

Regarding the variables getting messed up: there are 2 types of includes - I think the one you have used above would be OK. There is also the straight <@% include file="" %>. Again though JSP is not my forte.

I'm not sure whether the return would end the JSP. A check in the compiled JSP file would show you. I never do too much logic in my JSPs so I'm not too hot on that.

Perhaps you should make an else {} that encompasses the whole of the rest of the JSP. Horrible, but I take it you are modifying existing code, so it might be the easiest way.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9