Hello,
this is not a bug but rather a misunderstanding. When you downloaded a
bounding box from OSM the <way> element was not cut into parts but rather
retrieved with all its nodes even those outside the bounding box.
The .net.xml covers the full geometry described by the <node> objects in
the osm file (you can replace 'node' with 'poi' and load the file into sumo
to check this).
The .xodr file is completely in sync with the .net.xml file.

regards,
Jakob

: