Hello,
the changes I suggest were meant to affect  to following distance only. The
intersection behavior cannot yet be configured on the vehicle level yet
(extensions in this regard are planned for this year).
What you can do is use Netedit to set the 'pass' attribute of all
connections to True. This should lead to a very efficient junction usage
but might lead to collisions unless the speed limit on edges entering the
intersection is low enough (you would need to experiment with this).
To be able to modify connection attributes you need to press 'F5' and
select the 'show connections'  checkbox in inspect mode.
regards,
Jakob