Has anyone tried hard anodizing? I used to use tefloned hard anodizing on 6061 for mechanical parts subject to sliding. It has a duller, grayer finish. I wonder how it does in the weather. I have regular anodizing, water sealed, on my 12" (30 cm) bowstring equatorial. Fine weather resistance, but... The equatorial surface is really a concave cylindrical mirror, so it's pretty darn bright to the eye from some norrmal viewing positions. Hard anodizing might be the cure. Anyone tried it?

For those unfamiliar with hard anodizing, but curious, googling found:
http://www.techplate.com/hard_anodize.htm

Thanks,
John B