Charlie Brady:

/usr/include/curses.h:843:31: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'char*
tigetstr(char*)' [-fpermissive]

service-status.cpp:148:21: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to
'char*' [-fpermissive]
    s = tigetstr(setaf);

This is a problem that I thought was confined to OpenBSD, and its not-|const|-correct ncurses library. Certainly this has never been a problem on Debian nor on FreeBSD, and M. Caravia did not report any lack of |const|-correctness on Arch Linux. What does line 843 of your |/usr/include/curses.h| actually say? Because that's not the location of that function declaration in that header in either Dickey ncurses or Acton pdcurses as far as I can see. So what curses are you actually using?