Michael Gordon wrote:
JD replied On 12/24/2008 8:34 AM

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
JD wrote:
Using Seamonkey 1.1.14 and PrefBar 4.1.2., when I try to disable Flash by removing the check mark I get the following error:

Failed to disable/enable flash plugin. Maybe you are running a flash movie in your browser, and so the plugin is locked, or you just don’t have write permission to the directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\npswf32.dll

As far as I can tell, there is no flash movie running in the browser (about:blank) and I don't know why I wouldn't have write permission to the directory since Flash does work.

Any ideas?

prefbar has its own newsgroup, where you can get better help there: http://prefbar.mozdev.org/newsgroup.html

I moved the npswf32.dll to
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Mozilla\plugins and renamed the original to npswf32.dll.old. Flash still works and I can now disable it with PrefBar.

JD,

Your solution is the only one I have found to work with PrefBar, however keep in mind when you upgrade SeaMonkey to a new security release version you have to manually remove SeaMonkey (Add/Remove Programs) before installing the upgrade. When you use this method of upgrading the uninstaller will ask you twice if you want to remove all of SeaMonkey, the first time it is to remove all the SeaMonkey files, click yes, the second time is to remove all the files and folders in the SeaMonkey program folder, click no.

If you allow SeaMonkey to use the automatic installer it will remove all files and folder contents in the SeaMonkey program folder including all plugins, extensions, themes and other add-ons you have installed to the program folder.

Michael

I don't remove the old version first. I do a Custom install and select to not check compatibility or something like that. I thought I had this in my notes but I don't so I'll pay a little closer attention next time and update my notes.

I guess I should try Removing the old program first and see if it helps to clean up the Registry?

--
 JD..