Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on 12/26/08 00:43:

Yeah, I've known about those and tried that solution for a number of problems in the past. Sometimes it helped, and sometimes not. For this particular problem, it hasn't helped. I have tried that solution for this problem twice in the past, and I didn't work either time. :-(

when you delete, you're doing so with the program closed, right?

Yes, correct.

For mass deletion of 1700+ .msf files, use of the command line is essential...

why? I use windows search function. When its found them all, then I select them all and delete them all.

True... I'm still more used to DOS for many things. I didn't switch until a while after XP came around.