Philip Chee wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:39:57 -0800, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:

In a search of my entire C drive -- specifying the search to include
hidden files and folders and system folders -- no winfile.exe was found.
if you read the links provided properly, then you'd know that before windows explorer came out, there was winfile.exe, which was in win95, win98, and winNT. Some consider winfile to be the best file manager there was.

I consider Norton Commander the best file manager (for DOS) there was
(XTree Gold users might disagree with me). Currently I am using Total
Commander (on my WinXP machine) which is arguably the best "Commander"
style manager for Win32 platforms.

Phil

I liked winfile. It was simple and easy to use. I used commander once and didn't like it. I use 2xExplorer instead.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm