Richard Lee Holbert replied On 12/31/2008 1:50 PM

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Richard Lee Holbert wrote:
Sorry, I need to go back to bed. It is Safari NOT Opera.

Richard Lee Holbert wrote:
I decided to quit using IE for my shortcuts on my desktop and downloaded Opera. I went and made shortcuts to all my online radio stations, Yaheck Groups, and other places and deleted all my IE shortcuts. I thought I was set to go, BUT when I click on one of the Opera shortcuts, SM opens instead to the shortcut I created.
How do I get it to not do this and use Opera instead.

I am using SM 1.1.13 on an XP home machine with SP3
either way, try asking them:

for safari: http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=169

for opera: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/

probably you need to make the other program the default.

I wish to keep SM as my default. It did not do this with IE.
As you suggest sir, I will ask the Safari People

Robert,

Here is another suggestion for your Internet Shortcuts.
Right click on teh shortcut icon and select properties. Under the General Tab look for "Opens with:", the default should be Shell Doc Object and C" with a change button to the right. Click the change button and select SeaMonkey from the list.

Michael