On 12/31/2008 11:18 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Richard Lee Holbert wrote:
>> Sorry, I need to go back to bed. It is Safari NOT Opera.
>>
>> Richard Lee Holbert wrote:
>>> I decided to quit using IE for my shortcuts on my desktop and
>>> downloaded Opera.
>>> I went and made shortcuts to all my online radio stations, Yaheck
>>> Groups, and
>>> other places and deleted all my IE shortcuts. I thought I was set to
>>> go, BUT when
>>> I click on one of the Opera shortcuts, SM opens instead to the
>>> shortcut I created.
>>> How do I get it to not do this and use Opera instead.
>>>
>>> I am using SM 1.1.13 on an XP home machine with SP3
>
> either way, try asking them:
>
> for safari:
> http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=169
>
> for opera: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/
>
> probably you need to make the other program the default.

Yes, make it the default.  An Internet shortcut attempts to display the
page in your default browser.  If that browser is not currently running,
it will be launched.  If you want SeaMonkey to be your default but also
want to open the shortcuts in some other browser, you can't use Internet
shortcuts.  I don't know what you can use.

I just ran a test.  I used IE to create an Internet shortcut.  With all
browsers terminated, I double-clicked on the shortcut.  It launched
SeaMonkey to open the page, which is my default.  I then shut down
SeaMonkey and launched IE.  I double-clicked on the shortcut.  It again
launched SeaMonkey to open the page, ignoring the fact that IE was still
running.

Thus, I don't think you had to delete your IE-generated Internet
shortcuts and regenerate them.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>