Frog wrote:
Is there a place on the Internet where I can access a document describing the steps (1, 2, 3, 4 etc.) for establishing and setting up newsgroups on SeaMonkey. I have looked for two days for such a document (written at the elementary level user) without success. Also, are the setup procedures the same for both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird?

click on Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, then on the bottom left is a button that says "Add Account." Click that, and follow the instructions. For example:

Your Name: put in the name you want others to see you as

Email Address: put in the address you want to use

Newsgroup Server:

and that should be it. The program will do the rest itself.

As for SM and TB: yes, its the same in TB as in SM

How does one find a list of the many newsgroups available on the Internet?

find a news server you want, add the account, when its added click on File, Subscribe and this will give you a list of groups currently on that server.

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.