Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
In Windows, to get to the Account Settings, you click on Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings. What is it in Mac and Linux?

For years I have just left clicked on the account in the sidebar, then on "view setting for this account" in the message frame. Never tried the menu, when I get to the point of wanting to edit an account or even look at it I have always had the message window open.

However, it brings up the same account window, so it hardly matters, just another (to me more convenient) path to the same end.

well, thats fine and dandy if you're using a mouse, but for those who are faster with they keyboard, then its useless.

Of course you are using a mouse, while it may be technically possible to use the settings box which gets popped up from the keyboard, it is so time-consuming and frustrating that I doubt anyone does it. And frankly I regard any key sequence requiring multiple multi-key inputs as a last resort anyway.

Besides, when telling someone new, its better to go with the menu settings. Just my belief.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>