David L. Ross wrote:
John Doue wrote:
David Ross wrote:
I'm sure this is discussed somewhere but I can't find it. I just signed up for this list.

Is there a time frame for when the FF v3 code will be a part of SM? I and others are running into a lot of web sites that just don't work (in various ways) with SM but work fine with FF v3.

Just asking. Not yelling.

David

As Hana suggests, a short list would be interesting since I actually find that SM 1.1.13 very seldom lets me down in this respect.

I actually fear that new SM versions, by integrating some code, will actually make more difficult accessing a number of sites which it will deem "unsafe" or some other qualificative. We already experienced this with version 1.1.14.

John Doue wrote:
David Ross wrote:
I'm sure this is discussed somewhere but I can't find it. I just signed up for this list.

Is there a time frame for when the FF v3 code will be a part of SM? I and others are running into a lot of web sites that just don't work (in various ways) with SM but work fine with FF v3.

As Hana suggests, a short list would be interesting since I actually find that SM 1.1.13 very seldom lets me down in this respect.

I actually fear that new SM versions, by integrating some code, will actually make more difficult accessing a number of sites which it will deem "unsafe" or some other qualificative. We already experienced this with version 1.1.14.

Here's one I just hit. Visit >www.apple.com/support/>
SM will not let me enter text into the search field. The one on the left. FF will. Been this way for a few weeks.

for what its worth, I can't enter anything in that field with Flock, Netscape 8 and 9, Firefox 2, or K-Meleon.

But it will with FF 3, and Songbird. I guess its because of the newer code.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm