flyguy wrote:

I can enter text into the search field using SM 1.1.14, but there is trick to it: put the cursor arrow over the search box, then slowly move it up until it turns into a text cursor ( I ). Type your entry. For me, the arrow turns to the text cursor "I" just before the point of the arrow reaches the top of the box.

yes, it works that way. Interesting that FF3 works without trickery, so maybe SM2 will work the same.