HeavyDuty wrote:

Thanks Peter.
When I went to the MS site and downloaded the version 9 it offered, XP refused to install it. I'll see what happens with a new install of 11, or a new install of
the 9 you directed me to.

by the way, by any chance, are you using the WMP Firefox Plugin?: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx

May or may not fix your problem, though